REGIONAL SPONSORED MIGRATION SCHEME (RSMS)
Regional Development Australia (RDA)-Mid North Coast invites skilled migrants to enjoy the lifestyle of regional Australia by applying for sponsorship to live and work in the Mid North Coast region under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) allows Australian employers in regional and low population growth areas of Australia to address skilled vacancies in their business that they have been unable to fill locally by sponsoring skilled foreign workers for permanent residence.
Due to the 1st July 2012 DIAC changes of the Permanent Employer-Sponsored Visa Program our RCB will be assessing and providing DIAC with advice on Direct Entry Stream employer nominations only.
Direct Entry Stream is for applicants who are untested in the Australian labour market and have not held a subclass 457 visa for at least the last 2 years or who are applying directly from outside of Australia.
For additional information on the RSMS click HERE
Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast NSW Inc. (RDAMNC) is gazetted by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) as the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) for the Mid North Coast NSW Region. Applicants outside this region should locate a RCB near to them. Click HERE for a full list of RCBs.
Direct Entry Stream
As an RCB, RDAMNC will provide advice on RSMS Direct Entry employer nomination applications.
This stream is used if you want to nominate an applicant to fill a position that is:
- an occupation that is classified at skill level 1 to 3 by the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations
- full-time, ongoing and for at least two years.
You must seek advice from a Regional Certifying Body in relation to the position you want to fill. The resulting advice can be submitted before or after you lodge an employer nomination application online.
Requests for RSMS assessments should be lodged with Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast NSW Inc. for positions located within the Mid North Coast Region. RDAMNC will assess the application against the three requirements under the Migration Regulations 5.19(4) as outlined on DIAC Form 1404.
Applicants must pay the required application fee with all available supporting documents (refer below).
Assessments will be provided within 1 month of lodgment of the request for assessment, subject to the application being decision ready when received by RDAMNC.
RDA Mid North Coast may request additional information where necessary to complete its assessment. On finalisation of the assessment, the DIAC Form 1404 (completed by certifying body) will be the returned to the applicant. The nomination application should then be submitted to DIAC (if not already done so).
Where the assessment does not satisfy the requirements outlined on DIAC Form 1404, RDA Mid North Coast will provide this advice to DIAC. This advice will be considered by a DIAC case officer when the application is assessed. Applicants will have a further opportunity at that time to make a further submission to DIAC on this matter.
DIAC Form 1404 Completed http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1404.pdf
Nomination Application to DIAC (or draft if not already sent) – application and DIAC Form 1404 to be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
RSMS Program Administrator
Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast
Suite 3 133-137 Gordon Street Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Additional Documents (if not provided in Nomination Application)
1. To assess need for a paid employee in the nominated position within the business activities of the employer
- Business Registration
- Organisation Chart
- Job Description
- Employment Contract or Letter of Offer
- Letter of Support From Accountant
- Annual Reports Last Two Years
Submission on the Business
- outline of goods and services produced
- evidence of previous occupant of position who has left position or
- evidence position is filled with temporary resident (usually 457 visa)
Submission if a New or Diversifying Business
- evidence of appropriate market research
- business plans
- financial budgets
- availability of funds
- lease or purchase of equipment
- lease or purchase of business premises
2. To assess that the nominated position cannot be filled by an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident who is living in the same local area as the nominated position
- Evidence of advertising for position locally or via the internet
- Evidence of response to ads
3. To assess whether the terms and conditions of employment are no less favourable than those that are or would be provided to an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident performing equivalent work in the same workplace at the same location.
- Enterprise Agreement or
- Industrial Agreement or
- Common Law employment contracts
- Payslips for Australian employees in equivalent positions
- Employment contracts for Australian employees in equivalent positions or
Where there is no equivalent Australian employee
- evidence from ABS
- remuneration surveys
- job vacancy ads with salary given
- data for unions or employer associations.
A processing fee of $550.00 (inclusive GST) applies per application submitted for request for assessment. A cheque made payable to Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast should be submitted with the assessment application or alternatively payment can be made by EFT to:
Account Name: Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast
BSB: 082 798
Account: 89 747 9983
National Australia Bank – Port Macquarie.