Homelessness and Housing Forum Invitation
All government, non-government, and private services and agencies that have an interest in homelessness and housing solutions on the NSW Mid North Coast are invited to attend a forum in Port Macquarie on Thursday 24th May.
When? Thursday 24 May 2012
Where? Westport Bowling Club, Buller Street Port Macquarie
Time? 8:45am to 4:00pm – registrations from 8:15am
Why? At the forum you will:
- Contribute to achieving better outcomes for people affected by homelessness and housing challenges
- Be updated about Government service system responses and directions to address homelessness and housing challenges
- Be inspired by new models and best practice homelessness and housing initiatives
- Hear from peak bodies and other stakeholders
- Work together to generate new solutions to local homelessness and housing challenges
- Meet and network with other people who are passionate about redressing homelessness and housing challenges
How? To register for this event please go to http://www.stickytickets.com.au/7981 and register before the end April 2012
How much? A small fee of $30 is payable for this event to cover costs
Mid North Coast Affordable Housing Research Project
RDA Mid North Coast has been successful in securing funds from Building Australia’s Future Workforce (Dept Education, Employment and Workplace Relations) to research affordable housing approaches for the Mid North Coast. The key underlying objective of this project is the linking of employment and training outcomes with possible models for affordable housing in the region. The project will identify potential models/projects within the affordable housing space which will provide social benefits (increasing skills, employment participation, and housing security/affordability), economic benefits (construction and employment) and environmental benefits (for example, the use of sustainable building materials and energy efficient housing) to the region. Further details about this project will be communicated soon.