Regional Development Australia is a partnership between the Australian, NSW and Local Governments to develop and strengthen the regional communities of Australia.
Regional Development Australia - Mid North Coast will have a pivotal role in ensuring the sustainability of our region and in doing so will work with all sectors of the community including women, young people, Indigenous Australians and people from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
A key focus will be the economic, social and environmental issues affecting communities. RDA-MNC will be an important contributor and driver of:
- Regional business growth plans and strategies which will help support economic development, the creation of new jobs, skill development and business investment.
- Environmental solutions which will support ongoing sustainability and the management of climate change (including the impact of drought, floods and bushfires; and
- Social inclusion strategies which will being together and support all members of the community.
Regional Development Australia, in consultation with the community, business, non-profit organisations and all levels of government, will articulate local priorities, identify and align resources, engage stakeholders and promote solutions. In doing this, Regional Development Australia will support the growth and development of regional communities across the country.
RDA Mid North Coast Strategic Positioning
The RDA MNC operates in a live and dynamic environment. The stated key role of the RDA is to act as a conduit to government and reflecting the desire of the community. The interrelated nature of the RDA MNC Vision and Purpose statements generates a cycle of potential connections and thereby by default the need for the organisation to act as broker between the elements, facilitating development of the region connecting both internally and in partnership with its neighbours.
The core of the circle is the RDA MNC organisation, which is encased by the principle requirement of sustainability. The concentric cycle surrounding is firstly the purpose and then a vision connected to the key influences of Government, Business and Community.
RDA Mid North Coast Vision and Purpose
The people of the Mid North Coast live and work in a place of innovation, opportunity and inclusion which makes the region a leader in social, environmental, cultural,
governance and economic sustainability.
Through Collaborative leadership, advocacy and partnerships, Regional Development Australia - Mid North Coast will stimulate and facilitate the region's potential.
Vision and Purpose Interpretation
- Social - improving quality of life or employment prospects
- Cultural - sensitive to the growth of culture and engagement of the whole of community life
- Environmental - reduction of negative impact and improvement to the natural order
- Economic - value adding, growing the wealth of the whole community
- Sustainability - today's efforts will continue over time to provide benefit and ROI
- Innovative - different or new approaches that promote competitive advantage and global connection
- Opportunity - tangible outcomes that increase wealth, employment &/or skills that can be tracked
- Inclusive - opportunity that is available to all
- Aspirational - a desire and vision for individual and community improvement
- Connected - reducing isolation and bringing people together to achieve common goals